Zuma Surf & Swim Training
Surf lessons and ocean swim training in Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice and the South Bay.
Here’s a bunch of info and resources for new surfers trying to demystify the art of knowing when and where the waves are going to be good. We’ve also included some travel resources if you’re planning that surf trip you’ve always dreamed of. As far as resources go, there’s a lot out there, but these are what we use the most and recommend.
One piece of advice…don’t always count on the forecast. If you have time, go check it to see for yourself and get wet!
We specialize in:
- Ocean Safety
- Complete ocean awareness including wave, current and crowd knowledge
- Beginning and first-time ocean swimmers and surfers
- One-on-one and small group lessons
- GIFT CERTIFICATES AND PACKAGE RATES AVAILABLE.
- Each instructor has over 20 years of Malibu surfing and ocean experience, including Ocean Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid and
- EMT certification.
- Named by LA WEEKLY as “Best of LA” 2008 ~ Best Surfing Instructor.
- Our goal is for our clients to not only be safe and skilled ocean swimmers and surfers, but to have a complete awareness and appreciation of our ocean environment.
Had an individual surf lesson with Kai on Santa Monica Beach near the pier. He was great. I had never been surfing before and it wasn't easy, but Kai was...
We chose to go with Zuma Surf & Swim Training with a party of four, and were assigned to Jonathan. He was very knowledgeable, patient, and overall gave us...
I had an exceptional experience with Kai yesterday.
I moved to L.A. almost 7 years ago, and I always wanted to get in the water and learn to surf...and for...